Wednesday, January 30, 2008

how can you not know? PART II

Continued from this post.

Picture this:

My roommates and I are sitting around on our computers doing various things ... we start playing songs that we mutually like and reminisce about what they remind us of ... high school dances, vacations, etc.

Then i play some good sappy songs ... like Boyz II Men's I'll Make Love To You and On Bended Knee and End Of the Road - and oh, the break down in this video is priceless. AND THEN THERE IS THIS ONE - MOTOWN-PHILLY. While I realize that these songs were played at my sixth grade dance ... what I forget is that they were in 2nd grade at that time. Sigh.



They stare blankly at me and wonder why I like these songs so much ... ummm ... because they are good - Hello!

3 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

ok bethany. on bended knee was one of my favorite songs ever! i still think it's such a pretty song. your roommates just don't know what they missed out on!

Clarkson said...

So sad to think of people going through adolescence without belting out those songs. We just played them when I was down in Charlotte and everyone loved it. Boys II Men played at the Birchmere last week. I wish I could have gone.

eric said...

when chelsi plays songs that she liked in sixth grade, i stare at her blankly because i was in third...and they are mostly by madonna