Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oregon Coast

This weekend I took a mini road trip with some new friends! Check out the fun:


Bethany, Marcus, and Megan walking to the sea lion cave look out ...
turns out it $9 a person to go down to the look out and they
weren't even there that day ... so we poked around the cheesy gift shop.



Megan, Ally, and Marcus chillin on a big tree that fell over t
he river that comes into the Pacific Ocean.



Cool juxtaposition of steel and trees.
The bridge was pretty cool spanning the little valley that the river ran down towards the ocean.


The bridge ... asymmetry can be beautiful don't you think?



"Sexy architecture" as Ally (she's an architecture undergrad at UO)
claims all of her classmates would say.
I would have to agree.



I like the horizontal of the brick (I wish the window wasn't boarded up)
and the diagonal succession of steps in the upper left corner.




Gears of the working light part of the light house - cool huh!



The turning light gives you a small window of opportunity to take a picture. Don't worry I got one without the cage, but I liked this one better, just as the cage is coming back around again.




I was hoping that these pictures would come out better because the way
the staircase railing wraps around was so cool!



Bethany and Marcus climbing back down the stairs of the light house -
I love the brick!

5 comments:

Lis said...

Yay! Pictures! Not that I was ever worried that you wouldn't immediately befriend everyone around you, but it's nice to see physical proof. Now just let them know that us girls came first (kidding!). Besides, if we played that game Maya and April would totally have us beat. Anywho, looks like you had fun. Keep posting pictures!

Clarkson said...

This post gives me quite a bit of insight into your new chewy granola life.

Anonymous said...

How fun are you guys!! Very cool, and looks so nice and cold!

Lindsey Graves said...

it looks just like I imagine...:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are taking advantage of your new surroundings and taking a break from your studies.