Thursday, September 27, 2007

changing targets

So much for graduate school just having it out for the blog ... it is going straight to the source and trying to do me in!

Graduate school is trying to kill me ... it may even be winning. On Tuesday I was convinced that I was going to either quit or die trying to do all my reading and writing.

Perhaps the family would chip in and build a mini-chapel
to me that would look like this:


Paris, France


Mmmm, probably not ... its a bit too fancy. How about a headstone like this
(minus the WILSON on the bottom):


Harrisonburg, Virginia



Perhaps that one is too masculine ... maybe something with flowers - in stone so they don't have to bring real ones (I know how those Johnson's are):

Harrisonburg, Virginia



Lets be honest, most likely my headstone would look like one of these:

Annapolis, Maryland


Either way,
the inscription would read:

Insufficient consumption rate of written information.

Death by tome ... gee, that's neat.

The hardest thing about graduate school so far is that a lot of the reading is actually very very interesting and engaging ... its just so much for me to handle in a small amount of time. I feel like I don't have time to actually think about what I am reading because I am too busy trying to consume all the material.

Sigh. I will get through it and grow and learn and stuff like that. Wish me luck ... only 9 more weeks to go.

3 comments:

Meaghan said...

There will be no funerals my friend. Perhaps this is just an adjustment phase, and you will read your way out of it.

However, if they find you under a stack of books, we will eat rainbow chip cupcakes in your honor.

Clarkson said...

You are going to be just fine. You are lucky that you actually enjoy what you are reading. That is more than most college students can say.

PS. We have a new program for the elliptical. Maybe a change of locations will help you with your reading slump.

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the power of taking a break!! A real break, like for your brain. Watch an episode of Newport Harbor or Gossip Girl and just go brain dead for a half hour!! I promise, you watch crap like that and then you hunger for intelligent information ;)