Friday, August 03, 2007

Field Trip!

DC is wonderful when you don't have to work! I have been walking all over this town, meeting up with friends for lunch and running errands while everyone else is workin away in their offices. It is the best because I get to go on field trips too! Yesterday I went to the Natural History Museum and was amazed by a few things:



1) Geology is the coolest! I always knew this ... I would have totally majored in geology if I could just understand chemistry ... tooo much chemistry to understand how all those metamorphic, sedimentary, and ionic rocks are made. Heat, pressure and atomic elements - its really amazing. I was memorized by the minerals and gems.

Virtual Display


2) PLATE TECTONICS ... I have always thought that this was the most interesting concept. The earth's crust is broken into different plates that float around on magma and slide, crash, grind, and slip past and into one another! Crazy!

The image “http://www.enchantedlearning.com/egifs/Earthscrust.GIF” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

3) Women/mothers that go to the National Mall on a hot hot hot day with more than two children in tow are AMAZING. I saw multiple women with gaggles of children and they were still having a good time! It was awe-inspiring. But I was not envious. It was soo hot and soo crowded - they are good mothers to be still braving it all to give a little fun and education to their kids. I solute you mothers of the world that visit the National Mall in August ... you are rock stars.

Perils of a Large Family - photo

No comments: