Wednesday, August 01, 2007

getting tagged a few months later

Bea tagged me for 8 things ... but I did something similar a few months ago ... remember how Lindsey tagged me?

So I add a few more, just because I only listed 5 for Linds. Hmmm ... some people know these ... others might be surprised to learn these:

6) I am not a good pet owner. I am not really that fond of animals ... but I don't HATE them (Lis tried to spread lies about me at work! hahaha). But I feel that this makes me a responsible citizen of humanity - I know I am not good with walking, feeding, bathing, etc of household pets and thus I don't own them and treat them poorly. However, I think if I had a little lap dog it might be different. We always had smaller big dogs (too big for you lap but not really considered big dogs). But I think if I had a purse dog it would be nice. Oh, I like cats too, but I am a bit allergic.

7) I have a hankering to buy a house. An old house that I can restore and make my own. Its not happening ANY TIME SOON. But that's the thing I really want (besides all the normal other stuff ... a cool job, marriage, babies, blah blah blah) right now and I hope to pull it off by the time I am about 31-32 ... that gives me 7 or 8 years (secretly my time line is 30 ... but that might be pushing it considering school loans). This also requires that I settle down and not move every year! That actually would be nice.

8) In my very first Anthropology class at BYU my freshman year (I now have a BA in Anthropology, just in case you didn't know) I earned an A+ on a paper ... an A+!!! I didn't even know that teachers actually gave those out! I had been concerned about the whole college thing before - could I do it? Would I fail out of college? The pressure! But after this - I was golden. I thought: "I can do this college thing!" (For reals, I remember thinking that very phrase). My paper was copied and given to each student in the class proceeded by a lecture on how much better their papers needed to be ... like mine. I have thought that I am a great writer ever since. Blame my big head on Dr. Crandle ... hehehe.

Bonus:

9) I have a secret wish to grow a garden one day. This came about in the past few months and perhaps will leave when I actually have the space to do it ... but I think it would be really great to grow fresh veggies and have plants. I will start small by having potted plants and then planting mature plants and gradually move to starting from little seeds. I want to have some awesome pots for my potted plants someday ... sigh. A girl can dream right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY BETH,
SOUNDS GOOD. CONFESSION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL. BY- THE- BY, I AGREED WITH MOST OF YOUR PICKS ON THE MUSIC-------I RAISED YOU AS A ROCKER, AND HERE YOU ARE......ALL GROWN UP !!!!
I HAVE TO STOP NOW....I MIGHT CRY!!! ANYWAY I STOPPED LOOKING AT YOUR PICTURE BLOG AT AROUND #1013....YOU GOT WAY TO MUCH FILM ON YOUR HANDS GIRL...LOVE YA' BUNCHES AND " PEACE IN OUR TIME" __THE DADDY__