Friday, October 13, 2006

"Well it's all so overrated, In not saying how you feel"

I have made a few personal discoveries, or maybe I should consider them realizations, these past few days ... I cannot now, nor will I ever be able to wear skinny jeans and boots - together or separate. My body was just not made to be adorned in that way - and that is OK. I will get over it. The skinny jeans go with out saying ... I ain't that skinny - I got some curves going on, the ones not emphasized in a positive way by skinny jeans. The boots on the other hand are actually a very sad thing to discover.

I have found a shoe that just doesn't work for me. Unlike my previous assertion - they don't always fit. Boots don't fit me at all in fact. The calf to ankle ratio is all wrong all the time for me. And for the first time in my life there are multiple pairs of boots I actually like! Such is life, no?

Another new discovery - which I should have known was true - is karaoke! I was made to KARAOKE ... singing at the top of your lungs with everyone expecting you to be bad - dream come true! And I am finally at that point where I don't really care about making a fool of myself because its fun. I have an unparalleled ability of knowing words to all sorts of songs, however my singing ability is not quite up to par with my lyrical knowledge. Either way - it makes for a great time. Some of my peeps and I (when I say peeps I mean people that go to my church, aka Latter-Day Saints [LDS] or Mormons) met up at Cafe Japone in Dupont Circle to sing our little hearts out. We had a great mix of songs - a little Kelly Clarkson, RHCP, Michelle Branch, Justin Timberlake, Sublime ... etc. etc. It was a fun one. The music was a bit low, but we made up for it by singing super loud.

The best part was that I told my mom earlier in the day that I would be missing Grey's that night because I was going to do karaoke instead. I told her I was going to be tired the next day and she said to me, "You are only young once - go, it will be fun". You know you are a 23 year old shut-in when your mother is telling you to stay out late on a work night. Awesome. And as is often the case with mothers, she was right ... it was fun.

1 comment:

Jared said...

If it makes you feel any better, even when I was skinny those boots never fit proportionally. I had to give mine up, though. my calves aren't getting back in those again.