Friday, October 20, 2006

a sneak peak into the possibilities

I am trying to get the hang of this blog thing ... the right balance between too much and too little info. You see, I am an over-sharer (much like Krista Vernoff). I like to tell stories and they tend to go on forever and ever (sometimes I even annoy myself).

A new friend of mine enlightened me to the idea that this may be due to my background in Anthropology - we like to know context and details and background surrounding events in order to really understand them. More accurately we are anthropologists because we already do this in our personal lives and thus are drawn to a discipline that not only accommodates this logorrhea (p.s. I object to this definition's suggestion that it is often incoherent ... its only incoherent some of the time) but organizes and encourages it. But in all honesty, my over-sharing is hereditary. Between my mom and my dad - I am doomed. We are a family of over-sharers ... that is just the way it is.

So I have a hard time deciding what I should and should not say in my blog ... like should I explore the strange phenomenon of having lengthy incredibly interesting phone conversations with guys I have never before met but tend to never be able to be reproduced in person? (Don't worry these boys are mormons and we have mutual acquaintances). Or is that too personal?

Should I explore my strange fascination with this concept of seasons - because I still get all excited/confused/mesmerized/awe-struck that the weather changes and leaves change and summer turns into autumn and pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes and colors (I guess technically they aren't all pumpkins - I mean squash or gords). Or should I elaborate on my feelings that the Fall always seems so rushed - usually its school starting but since I work and don't go to school its work that is busy ... and its our busy time leading up to a big convention. I always have good intentions of getting prepared for the Fall and decorating (p.s. scroll down to the bottom and check out the pumpkins - I want to carve a pumpkin like that!) and getting into the harvesty mood - but it comes and goes so quickly!

Perhaps it is more interesting to explore the idea of why men feel the need to whistle or yell from a moving vehicle - are they expecting a response? Do they like making women feel like pieces of meat? Is it a power thing? I will never understand. And what about my quest to a fitter trimmer me? I hit the gym AT LEAST four days a week, sometimes five, and I feel great - but will I ever look like I go to the gym five days a week? Or graduate school - will they let me in? (these are the pressing issues of my life).


Anyway - those are a few things on my mind that I may or may not be blogging about in the near future. Just thought I would get that out there ... wet your appetites ... or manage to drive you away from ever reading my blog again. I hope its the former and not the later.

1 comment:

mystic cher said...

Logorrhea: funny word that I didn't know existed until a few weeks ago when I saw it on a coffee mug at Starbucks. I called your brother over and we laughed about it.
I think Monica has developed a case of it because she won't stop talking and telling stories.
It must be the genes...