Friday, September 22, 2006

A Change in the Air

Its a slow day in the office and I am a new blogger ... so of course I want to write more!

Its a friday afternoon in September in our Nation's capitol. The Fall weather is setting in abnormally early this year (at least early in my view since this is my second Fall in the District). The air is a little crisp and I am reminiscing about my first days here ... on September 12 I had officially lived "back east" for ONE YEAR! Can you believe it! Wow does time fly. However, the city life - acutally living in the city - is a new experience for me. Only at the end of July did I move myself into DC ... best decision I ever made. I love it!

But back to weather - last year at this time I was on the job hunt and interviewing for this job I now have. I remember that it was still super hot and humid because when I had my interview here I came an hour early just to sit at the LOC (library of congress) and cool down (aka stop sweating if possible). So I know that this weather is bit more Fall-ish. But that is fun! Changing seasons - so fun! New wardrobes come out from hiding ... coats, sweaters, boots all come out in the next few weeks! But what I fear with this change in the air ... a long long long winter to follow! I am no farmer's almanac or meteorologist, but I fear that the gloomy winter weather will persist much too long with the early onset of Fall. And that wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get so depressed in the winter! I just get blue (and pasty white - not that I was really tan this summer) and a little on the sad side when the winter months drag on. Although, winter does provide for a whole lotta snuggling to be had ... if I could only find someone to canoodle (ewww don't you hate that term?) But I get ahead of myself ... perhaps summer temperatures will be back next week ... heres for hoping!

No comments: