Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mind and Body

It is the day of my birth (as well as the Revered Martin Luther King Jr's ... but we will celebrate that on Monday) and I am really sick this year. Its sort of sad on a few levels ... its my sweet sixteen + ten (thanks kelly for the great phrase) and I am going to the doctor. Awesome. But that is not the only thing I am bummed out about (do people still say that? bummed out? oh well, its my birthday - I am saying it) ... I am bummed out that I missed my cycling class this morning. Yes ... I said it. I am sad that I didn't get to sweat for an hour on a stationary bike ON MY BIRTHDAY. I know, I am an exercise junkie. What's it to ya?

This is the evolution ... I started doing this in August 2008:



And then I started doing this in October/November 2008:




I still do that activity above ... but to mix it up (because I think that it is important to change your work out routine and your meals ... otherwise you get used to it and get bored and then might stop AND I think your body gets used to the level of intensity of the activity so you gotta jump start it again ... but those are just my theories) .... I started talking a class at the beginning of this month using this:


I am mildly obsessed with it. I say mildly because I have only actually done it a few times. But I think I am going to really really like it.

Oh ... and these occupy a lot of my time too ... sometimes against my will ... but the thesis must get done - somehow:


7 comments:

heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love that pharse "sweet 16+ 10" Great way to put it. I might use that when it's my b-day.
I just hope you start feeling better soon. Have great day today!

Sarah Jayne said...

Happy Birthday dearest B! I miss you dearly. I hope this day brought you joy...even when you're under the weather. I'm reflecting back on our birthdays shared and am laughing. Good times.
I'm with you on the exercise thing...I was very upset this morning when I thought I might not be able to get my run in (only my second since baby). I did though, and I'm very happy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
P.S. I'm extending my birthday through the weekend...one day is just not enough.

Lindsey Graves said...

Happy Birthday Bethany! I equally like your phrase sweet 16 plus 10, it's gonna be a great year. Cheers!

Clarkson said...

Yea for Sweet Sixteens + ten. I wish I could have been there to celebrate...or have a hot bowl of soup.

Amy said...

Happy late bday Bethany! Hope you were able to do a few late night crunches (or something) to make up for the missed cycling class. =)

Darby Family said...

Happy Birthday Bethany!!!! So sorry you are sick though. That totally sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon and maybe you can celebrate on Monday with MLK Jr.

Sarah said...

I love that you are an exercise junkie. The best run I have had to date was when we ran together right after new years. Now if you could just stay put here I always be inspired !:0) Work it Lady ! You look GREAT !