Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my style

I have been a little consumed with home decorating blogs these days ... its really becoming a problem. The other night I came across a blog (through a blog through a blog ... you know how that goes) that had a "find your style" type of quiz. Its really fun - you should take it and tell me what your style is. My results were as follows:

YOU ARE A HOMECOMING QUEEN

Nothing - including budget - stops you from putting your
all into creating a dream home.
Your look is quintessentially feminine:
cool, pretty colors; layered patterns and textures; and flawless attention to every detail

You know ... I can't really argue with that assessment. It goes on to further break down your style by room, which is quite an interesting idea. In all fairness I did have to fudge on some of the questions since I don't currently live in on place (being a student kind of makes you a bit homeless) and they ask you questions like "what most reflects your current location and housing layout" and things like that that require me to project my future desires.


LIVING ROOM: You love to indulge the senses, pamper, and prettify
Sounds like me, I like lots of things ... out of control decoration with a lot going on

BEDROOM: Mix in max feel
Check and double check on this ... matchy matchy is not very personal ...
in fact I have been busy painting all sorts of fun random things for my apt. in Eugene!

DINNING ROOM: Your a maestro of minimalism, using carefully chosen ingredients
This the one that is odd ... minimalism in decorating style? hmmm ... yes with food

HOME OFFICE: Who says paying the bills can't be glamorous?
Glamorous is a great word for furniture


Like I said, I have been busy painting mix and matched items. The hard thing is that I realize all the fun things I buy and work on won't necessarily go together or work in the small apartment I will be sharing with a great girl next year. But I am starting to collect things for a house I hope to one day have (it will probably be small but a girl has got to dream, right?)

My collection includes the following (wish I would have taken before pictures ... but of course I did not):

two old window frames
one end of a horse head book end
an urn shaped lamp
one small and one big watercolor/ink drawing from Firenze)
a stone shield with a fleur de lis (the sign of Firenze) from Siena
a porcelain carp teapot without the lid
a wooden fleur de lis
an old shelf
a porcelain sea urchin bowl
multiple black and silver frames of various sizes

not to mention the stuff I have in Eugene already:

two white serving platters
one green serving platter
two small circular carved wood mirrors
one small rectangular carved wood mirror
three extra small gold carved wood frames
10 small square wooden mirrors
two silver geometric candlesticks

*** UPDATE ****

I wrote this before I moved back to Eugene ... and now that I have gotten hear and set up shop I have acquired a few things ... like a red retro "waterfall" style children's desk that I needed to remove a drawer (so that I could sit under it) and paint light blue and add glass drawer pulls too ... and a vintagy french country night stand ... they are both heaven! Pictures to come when I have internet (a week from today) installed at my house. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

mystic cher said...

sounds exciting Bethany! i can't wait to see the pictures. hope your health is back and that you have a great year!