Monday, January 21, 2008

I am Obsessed



yes, that's right ... obsessed ...

This weekend I saw Across the Universe (at the $1 theater ... or was it a $1.50 - I can't remember but who cares!) Some parts of the movie I could do without - like the crazy circus scene and the army hospital scene ... but everything else is over the top and out of control amazing. So creative and crazy! Echoing the Beatles, the 60's in general, Yoko Ono, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin ... ahhh it was great!

But I am even more obsessed with the SOUNDTRACK than I am with the movie because it is phenomenal ... all the renditions of Beatles songs are stellar. I am not a super fan of the Beatles ... ok lets be honest ... I only really listen to my own mix of their greatest hits ... but these songs are done soooo well. I will be singing Revolution, I've Just Seen a Face, Blackbird, and I want to Hold Your Hand for the next few weeks, among other songs on the album.

Check it out ... seriously.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Jude is my imaginary boyfriend. Just kidding. Ok, fine, I'm not kidding at all.

Lis said...

After reading this I a) Moved "Across the Universe" to the top of my queue in Netflix and b) bought the soundtrack from iTunes.

Anonymous said...

Um, perhaps I didn't rave about it to you then? I tried to go opening day i was so excited for it. The funny thing is that I generally hate covers, especially of songs that are already genius, but this soundtrack does the Beatles justice, for sure. And I, too, developed somewhat of a crush on the Brit lead :) And kudos to you hitting up the Woodbridge 5...I saw some horrible movies there for a dolla, haha, namely Shes the Man with Amanda Bynes...hahahhaa