Wednesday, August 29, 2007

the happiest place on earth - vintage

Kelly and I went to Disneyland the other day. It is always magical ... wouldn't expect anything less of the Magic Kingdom. On our way in under the bridge and onto Main Street, I always love to look at the posters they have up for the different lands and movies. Very retro, very vintage. I LOVE IT. Then, on the way out we stopped in some shops and I came across a bunch that you could purchase. Now, I couldn't justify buying any of them since I don't have a place for them (aka: a home), but I found them online to share ... love, love, love these posters.

Don't even know why this is tomorrowland ... but I want it.


Perfect for a little boys room!


Love the colors and the shapes in this one!


For a little boy again.


I love the drama of this one ... and the yellow background.


I think that the Haunted Mansion is the place
I would want to work if I worked at Disneyland ... I love the old Victorian house!


And last, but not least ... how can you not LOVE Small World?
Its old school - yes ... a little politically incorrect - yes ...
but it means well and has a great message.
Sad to say its in Fantasyland ... never really understood that one ...
however, we must remember that it was built before the internet.
I think the idea that the world is small is no longer a fantasy ...
ladies and gentleman, we have arrived (the world is now officially small!)

2 comments:

April said...

You are so right - I LOVE those posters. I want them too. Can you buy them online - or am I going to have to trek to Disneyland to get one. So fun!!!

Bethany said...

I didn't find them on the disney site ... i was so mad. I think you may have to trek to Disneyland to get them!