Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rodin Sculpture

Sometimes I feel that really great pictures get lost when viewed with a collection. We skim over individuals all too quickly in pursuit of the next beautiful shot. When perusing my photo collection the other day (when I was inspired to create my photo groupings ONE, TWO, and THREE) I was setting aside some of the photos I liked from my trip to Europe in February. I posted a link to my flickr page for each city (London, Paris and Rome) but I didn't post any of the actual pictures on my blog. I like a lot of the photos I took and so I have decided to post a few here and there. These first two are from the Musee Rodin in Paris.

The Thinker

Sculpture is so interesting to me. Both of these examples of Rodin's work are bronze casts, which is even more work than a marble sculpture. The human form is also especially intriguing to me ... the definition of muscles and the fine balance of proportion is amazing!

Ahhh ... so soak it all up! Ponder and view the work of Rodin!


No comments: