Tuesday, June 12, 2007

(photo grouping #1) Equestrian Statues

Do you ever take a look through your pictures and realize that you forgot that you took some pretty cool shots? I did that tonight. I also noticed that I tend to shoot similar subjects and so I have decided to group some shots. I will be posting my photographic realizations these next few days.

To begin with we have equestrian statues ... lots of big, old cities have them. It was a big thing to depict men (usually - see DC's one exception here) on horseback, very honorable or something like that. Often the horses and their riders are high up, so that is the main reason I like to take pictures of them - they offer an interesting angle. The funny thing is that I don't even particularly like horses.

Anyway - here is a random sample of equestrian statues I have photographed in multiple countries (it feels cool to say that, I am not gonna lie). The more I look at them, the more I like them. I'm glad I snapped these photos.



Outside the Louvre



Elgin Marbles - British Museum




Washington, DC



Beacon Hill - Boston, MA





Washington, DC



Library of Congress - Washington, DC




Outside Buckingham Palace - London, England

Ok, so this last one is actually a lion but I think it still fits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots! I really love the one outside the department of labor. I don't know what it is, but I really like that statue.

I love finding groupings like this. Just the other day I want through my flickr stream and created new sets of themes I never noticed before (Beaches, the color blue, etc.). I think it is important to categorize your work in different ways...great perspective Bethany.