Wednesday, May 02, 2007

singles wards = match.com with a purpose

According to my good friend number4 I have described singles wards in a way that made her say, "it kind of sounds like match.com with a purpose". This probably means I have failed miserably at explaining the program of a sacrament meeting. I simply relayed some simple facts and she drew her own conclusions ... and folks that is what she came up with. To her credit, this is what I said:

"So this guy spoke at church on Sunday and while he was being cute, witty, and well dressed at the pulpit my friend and I were thinking - "huh, he's pretty cute - I'd go out with him" and then I looked around and realized AT LEAST 20 other girls thought the same thing."

At this point, one of our other friends said, "Wait, do they have guys speak in church just so girls can check them out?" To which I responded, "No, but its an added bonus".

LDS Singles Ward = match.com with a purpose. This might be unfair to match.com because I think they probably have a purpose as well ... maybe it should be "match.com with a higher purpose". Ya know, I think that marriage for time and all eternity could qualify as a higher purpose, don't you?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow. Singles wards. Gotta love em. May I wish you a quick and speedy exit from them someday soon. :) Have fun while you're there, though, because after that, it's off to the family ward with Enrichment activities such as "How to organize your coupons" and "81 household uses for pantyhose."

Clarkson said...

I'm so glad you shared. It's spreading the word in one way or another. Peep peep n peep peep n yeah!