Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Internet Killed TV ... or Did It Give It New Life?

I have a confession to make, similar to a good friend of mine's confession. I have been watching a lot of TV on the internet. Unlike Lis' confession, I like to think I have good TV taste. But let me tell you one thing - every network should be like ABC and have all their shows online ... it is the best/worst thing that has happened to me/for me. It has been taking up all my time (which I have gladly wasted this weekend - you know when you just need to hide? - that is how I felt this weekend).

You see there are multiple shows that I would care to watch if I a) could remember what day and what time they were on and b) had the time to watch TV every night for all the little shows that caught my attention. But when I can watch the entire season over a weekend on my laptop - I am sooo happy.

Originally I went on to ABC website to catch up on Grey's Anatomy. But then once that was done I started to catch up on What About Bryan ... great show. I watched the last few episodes but then wanted to know how everything had come to be, so I had to go back and watch the pertinent episodes. I love Dave and Deena - they need to get back together.

Another show I have been watching is Brothers and Sisters. I was smart enough this time to watch it from beginning to end (or almost end - I have one more episode to watch before I am all caught up). The main reason I wanted to watch this show was not for Calista Flockhart or Sally Field ... it was for a man that I recognized from the late eighties and early nineties ... a teen star. I just want to say "I heart Balthazar Getty" and "where have you been all this time?"

So I am currently addicted to TV on the internet. I don't want to watch any of the other shows like Ugly Betty, Lost (I would if I could actually catch up), or Desperate Housewives or any of the other ABC shows they have online .... so what do I do once I have seen all the episodes to the good shows? Sigh ... I wish that other networks did this so I could watch shows at my own convenience. Like Gilmore Girls, ER, House, Ace of Cakes (that show based on the extreme cake place based in Baltimore that is on the Food Network) and I am sure there are others. So if anyone knows the executives to any of these networks - do me a favor and pass the suggestion on, will ya?

No comments: