Friday, December 01, 2006

where is my white christmas?

perhaps I will end up hating this post for bringing on the cold, blustery winter ... but right now it is straight up hot and muggy and nasty. It's December 1st and it is too warm. Yesterday I felt so confused as I walked from work to the metro by way of Eastern Market. There are Christmas Trees - perfect sized, all fresh and green and Christmasy - all lined up next to the historic brick building made me soo happy.

I would take a picture and show it to you but I am still waiting on that computer (trying to guilt trip the parents ... if only the actually read my blog ... the concept of finding my blog and reading it is beyond them at the moment). So you will have to settle for the mental image write now. As I walked by the Christmas trees and passed the new market store that has twinkle lights, greenery, and holly berries decorating their patio railing I think how for the first time I am really in the Christmas mood. I am not usually so cheery and excited about this time of year, mostly because it just stresses everyone out. But this year I am ready to embrace the Christmas songs even (this is huge for me)!

I come to Pennsylvania Avenue and look down the street and see giant twinkle-light snowflakes on the light poles linning the street ... where is my cold weather?! Why am I sweating and taking off my coat? I am so confused ... just try to tell me their isn't such thing as global warming ... I dare you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard it might snow tomorrow... be careful what you wish for.

Lindsey Graves said...

It has only snowed once here! I heard they got 15 inches in St. Louis... maybe we should move there.