Friday, September 29, 2006

dating .... what an idea!

Well grey's never ceases to amaze me ... pulling out that age old ritual of dating - brilliant.

I just wonder, how long can she keep this up? It's not exactly traditional dating since both men know each other and the situation. Also, doesn't this add an element of competetivness that goes beyond just wanting to be with her and her wanting to be with him? They've created a situation in which there is a winner ... after someone wins - then what? I am excited to see.

A good friend of mine pointed out that "too much media" has ruined our idea of life and especially what to expect from men. Do we think this is true? I am inclined to agree ... but feel free to tell me what you think. Both men and women, single, married, engaged, involved, etc ... please reply and help me figure this out. I think its an interesting topic for discussion ...

Is media affecting our interactions with the opposite sex? Are the movies, tv shows, music, magazines, etc. that we consume affecting our relationships? changing our expectations? hmmmm - talk to me people.

1 comment:

me :) said...

I think media, has, to some extent, taught us that relationships can be created, conflicts can be solved, romance can come to fuition all in one half hour episode. This only adds to our 21st century "I want it now" attitude. Real relationships take time and patience that we're usually not willing to give.