Sunday, August 30, 2009

seven days ... and counting


While its been a blast being in the same city, and the same house even,
for the past two and a half weeks ...
its going to be great not living down the hall from each other.

It will also be nice to not be living with my parents (as much as we have loved hanging out with them) and sharing my mom's kitchen.

I can't wait for us to have our own place!

I am also super excited to not be sleeping alone anymore ...
seriously, its one of the things I disliked most about being single.
Going to bed alone and making decisions alone are the things I will miss least (at least at first ;\)

These past few weeks with finalizing the wedding plans, it is all sinking in.
I. AM. GETTING. MARRIED.

In all honesty I have thought a lot about how I would feel when this time came.

To be married in the TEMPLE is something I have always wanted
and I have often wondered what it would be like.

How would I know? What would I feel like?

I can't really describe either, except like this:

I have never loved anyone like I love Nate.
I love him in a complete way ... in a way that makes me want to be better
and I am excited to meet the challenges of life with him.

Each day (even when we fight) I feel like we grow a little closer ... he finds a new way to make me laugh (even without trying) and I feel my love and appreciation for him deepen.

I could not be happier!

7 comments:

heather said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

April said...

I love that pictures. It's so cute and I am glad you are so happy!

Darby Family said...

Hooray for getting married. And now 6 days and counting. Can I get your address?

BusyMama said...

YAY! Couldn't be happier for you. I just wish we didn't live a million miles away.

Sarah Jayne said...

I can't wait! It's good to see you so happy. Marriage is wonderful!

Chelsi Ritter said...

i just have to say that the one week countdown is so great! you're soo excited, and yet are about to pee your pants because you can't believe it's actually happening! anyway, i'm soooooo excited for you! marriage is awesome; you're going to love it.

Em said...

1) So excited for you, I like having your pic on our fridge.
2) This piece of advice may be coming too late and it may not be possible abroad, but I would like to emphasize the benefits of a king size bed. You may think you like to cuddle, and maybe you do. You can easily cuddle in a large bed. HOWEVER you may also find that one of you is a tosser and turner or an insomniac or wakes to the lightest touch. Furthermore I have on good authority (brother) that babies often end up in bed and you may want to think with that in mind -- you're probably not planning on kids right away but mattresses are supposed to last a long time. All I can say is, our bed was our best joint decision (other than marriage) we've made. Also, it is worth the money to get a good one -- you don't want to go bottom of the line and three years from now be rolling in to each other and ahve to buy a new one. In the long run, you save money by buying a good mattress if it is at all feasible. I realize you're travelling but keep it in mind if you come back to the US of A. Congratulations and best best wishes!!!
-Gilkey McPalmerson