Sunday, July 12, 2009

check us out

The 4th of July was a blast! I have never been sooo close to fireworks in my whole life. I love love love fireworks and since last year I was in Europe for the holiday, I was super excited to see them this year. The added excitement of meeting Nate's family a few days after packing up my last apartment as a single woman (and there have been a lot of them ... so this is a big deal) made the fireworks show ever so much more exciting. All in all we had so much fun visiting with the Soelbergs and I am excited to be apart of that family in just a few months.

Two of his brothers were in town (we missed his oldest brother, sister-in-law, and the girls) and the four of us went rock climbing (my first time) and it was sooo fun! Nate's camera has the pictures we took with his family over the 4th of July ... and we left that at their house on accident ... so no cool rock climbing and fire work pictures just yet.

But we did have my sister-in-law take some fun photos of us while in Irvine.


The "Heisman" pose - it was Nate and my brother's idea ...
plus we wanted to do a P90X move.




Just getting comfortable with Korean culture ...
the peace-sign is big with asian girls... and my hippie father.



Trying to sit up straight without looking unnatural.



Nate showing me "the game plan" ... to what you might ask?
I have no idea.



This one is for all the sappy people ... who like the whole kissing thing.
(I'll admit it ... I like kissing pictures ... even if its hard to capture a good one)

7 comments:

heather said...

Awesome pics! I'm glad you had a great 4th!

BusyMama said...

You rocked the natural pose. Nate...not so much. :) Glad you had a great trip! We're sure going to miss you in August.

And...you're getting married in less than two months. Hehe!!!

Madame Palmkey said...

It is hard to capture a kissing picture, which is why you just have to do it again and again and again and again. Oh well!

Meaghan said...

Love the photos, you guys are too cute :) The key to the kissing pictures is the moment right before the kiss...the anticipation is what seals the deal!

And a little unsolicited advice for your wedding photos...practice kissing without making fishy faces. It is hard work, but I think you guys can do it :)

Sara said...

Cute pics!!!

Sarah said...

I cannot stop smiling. You guys are too funny ! I did not see the heisman one and did not know the squatting one was "the game plan". Thanks for explaining all of that.:0)

Chelsi Ritter said...

bethany you guys are so cute! i love the photos!! congrats on graduation, by the way. we're still waiting to get your wedding invitation; i can't waaait to see what your creative juices will cook up!