Saturday, August 09, 2008

Italia and Hrvatska

Why is it that people rarely call countries and cities by their native names?

For example ... we say Italy, not Italia ... Florence, not Firenze ... Rome, not Roma .... and Croatia, not Hrvatska .... WHY?! It makes no sense to me.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the trip to start:


an island on the Dalmatian Coast (in Croatia)


church in Sbenik, Croatia


self portrait ... laying down in Ancona, Italy


Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy


Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy


Abby and Bethany ... I ate a whole fish! That is a big deal for me... I don't really like fish, FYI.


Duomo - Siena, Italy


Tim and Bethany on roof of Duomo in Milano, Italy


This is what I woke up to every morning in Canova, Italy ... I know it doesn't seem real.


My feet and my huge backpack that got me through it all.



6 comments:

Clarkson said...

Love the pictures. So jealous. Must see more.

Sarah Jayne said...

Can I go to Canova? Oh my dear! That IS like a dream. I'm glad to see those Chacos got you through it all!

Sarah said...

LOVE the pics. Thanks for coming up recently and taking Brooklyn out for some one on one "Aunt B" time while I tried to do some painting. You helped me out a TON ! Miss you and jealous that you get to go on all of these fun trips.:0) Looks like you saw some AMAZING places !

Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...

Wow! Thankyou for the message on my blog! And so very very happy to have stumbled across yours!!

I am so in love with Duomo in Milano after seeing your photo! Wow!! We weren't planning on stopping in Milan... but maybe now we should!!!

I look forward to reading about your travels - its making me very excited about our trip!!

Meredith said...

beyond gorgeous trip! thanks for sharing.

and we don't call countries by their real names because we're too lazy.

Nat D said...

gorgeous pics! also people probably wouldn't know where to start saying Hrvatska...