Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ready to ge my passport stamped again

You may be in planning mode now, but this isn't just about idle thinking. You have an uncanny sixth sense that won't steer you wrong. It's as if you can see the future and can organize the present in a way that allows you to reach your goals. It isn't time to negotiate, so be prepared to do it by yourself if others aren't enthused by your ideas just yet.

This is really a perfect Horoscope for me because I just started planning my summer ITALY trip! YEAH for traveling! I will be in Oira, a small town in Northern Italy's Ossola Valley attending a Field School for Historic Preservation. I will be learning how to read cultural landscapes and record and analyze the buildings in them ... plus I get to work along side a master Italian Stone Mason restoring a historic structure! And I get 9 credits toward my graduate work for this ... sweet huh!

"Oira is a small village of about 200 people located one hour northwest of Milan by train. Nestled between the steep slopes of the towering alps, Oira lies at the north end of the narrow Ossola valley as it winds its way toward Switzerland and the Simplone Pass. Through its relative isolation, the Ossola valley has held the secret of its striking natural beauty and amazing stone hamlets for many years. The valley has a long history of granite quarrying and milling and has many intact stone villages, a number of which stand as they did in the 15th and 16th centuries."




I am sad that I will not be in DC for the summer hangin out with all my DC peeps (and the AHA girls) ... it was a really hard decision to make ... but the internship wasn't panning out in the way I had hoped and really, isn't Italy always a good idea? (ok, so the real quote is actually "Paris is always a good idea" from the movie Sabrina, but you get it) So I will be in Europe for at LEAST a month, but most likely a bit longer. I will be in Croatia for about 5 or so days as well and then ANYWHERE IN EUROPE THAT YOU WANT TO MEET ME! I am looking for travel buddies at the end of July ... let me know if you want exact dates and locations!



Its too bad I don't drink because there is going to be a whole lot of wine around me come July!

All this Italy talk reminds me of this:


And this:


And this:


Oh, and don't forget this:



Summer 2008 looks promising. Have I convinced you to take a week off of work to join me yet? 'Come on ... you know you want to.

8 comments:

Lis said...

Wow you lucky girl! This is so exciting.

April said...

Yes, you have convinced me. I am saving my pennies and I definitely want to come. I will start practicing my Italian - ciao bella!

Meaghan said...

Yey!!!!

I might be in Paris at the end of July...just a thought.

Sarah Jayne said...

I wish!! Someday I'll go back. And I'm so happy that you quoted Sabrina. My favorite!

Chelsi Ritter said...

all of a sudden boise sounds really lame...i'm so excited for you bethany! way to live life to the fullest (and get some credits, too)!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you will do another country with me, too?? yay for summer 08!!

Cherie said...

Bethany you have such an exciting life! That sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately I cannot join you in any Europe travels, but oh I wish I could! I really am so excited for you!!

Darby Family said...

That is so awesome Bethany. I am jealous. While you are out seeing the sights of Italy I will be in a cold hospital all summer. You are living the life!