Sunday, October 28, 2007

my new favorite tv-on-the-internet show

I don't have cable. I don't have a tv for that matter. But I do have the internet. Not that I have time to watch tv-on-the-internet, but I make it my reward for working hard all day long. I watch more shows than I care to admit but I stick to ABC because, well, they have the best shows and the BEST video player out there. It is great. Thank you ABC. So I tell you all this because I have a new favorite tv-on-the-internet show ... Pushing Daisies. Now I saw a zillion billboards and such for this show all summer and had no plans on watching until I did watch the pilot one day ... and I love it!


Mostly I love the witty banter between the characters that is reminiscent of The Gilmore Girls, only not as much pop-culture reference (sadly). Also, the wardrobing is stellar ... quirky and fun. Chuck, the female lead, always has fun dresses on that are very retro and cute. You can't really figure out what decade its suppose to be ... really it suppose to be timeless I think. Echoing the charm of the 20's I think but more hip and modern. The colors on the set pop and the voice-over of the man from those Walgreens commercials is PERFECT for the mood.


Ned and Chuck often wear brightly colored chucks (the converse shoe) and the buildings are very dramatic and iconic. Victorians, Richardsonian Romaneque buildings, craftsmans and this one below (which is often shown as a graphic ... lots of cool computer graphics encorporated too for the comic-book-esque feel as well).



The picture below is from an episode when they first "kiss" (they can't actually touch, so no kissing can happen - gasp! oh the angst that I love! hehehehe). Watch it so we can talk about it ... it is so funny I laugh out loud ... and I watch it by myself ... that means its REALLY funny.

3 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Reminiscent of Gilmore Girls huh? I might have to watch this one! I miss GG...

Clarkson said...

I miss the Girls as well. Sigh. It is no shock that you would love this show. I have seen one episode and it screams you. Could the Bachelor be loosing it's place?

Anonymous said...

wait, check out Samantha Who, too, its super funny...I love the sarcasm...