Thursday, November 16, 2006

i.h.

No, its not a shout-out to my high school alma mater (i.h.s. - vaqueros fight, fight, fight) - it is the nickname my rommie's BF gave Imogen Heap monday night at the 930 club. She calls herself Immi. We call her IH. And I want to BE her, or at least a quarter as cool as her. She has a great voice and a fabulous accent (UK).

A few highlights of the late show -

* Marie Antoinette-esque costume with feathered boa fauxhawk = fabulously over the top

* Vintage hollowed out piano (think white distressed legs, cover, and front and clear sides) with her keyboard and mixing equipment installed inside = rockin

* Small tree with twinkle lights = so cute!

* Rolling "hills" of lights and large floating polk-a-dots floating as the backdrop = whimsical

* Beat-boxing guest Kid Beyond = PHENOMENAL

* Multi-talented back-up band (one guy played the stand-up bass, french horn, and guitar) = brilliant

All and all one of the most entertaining concerts I have ever been too. The 930 club is such a great venue, so intimate and awesome. Quite possibly the best electronic music ever (granted me and electronica are not that well aquainted) ... her sound is like electronic female emo (not that emo has to be male, but it often is).

She has great lyrics "there is beauty in the breakdown" and "Why'd ya have to be so cute?It's impossible to ignore you, Must you make me laugh so much? It's bad enough we get along so well" - you know the stuff.

So yeah - check IH out if you haven't already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the IH! I also really like her old stuff with Frou Frou. I didn't know you went, I am wicked jealous. Muh.